Partners in Protection (PIP) enlists the cooperation of private industry in efforts to enhance border security, combat organized crime and terrorism, increase awareness of customs compliance issues and help detect and prevent contraband smuggling.
Your organization will be asked to sign a partnership agreement with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The arrangement is based on goodwill and all information exchanged is treated as confidential - your organization will not be asked to act as a law-enforcement body.
How will the program help my organization?
• Shipments and travelers will be processed more quickly;
• Improved security levels;
• Your staff will become more familiar with customs requirements;
• CBSA will help reduce the possibility of your company being used unknowingly for contraband smuggling, money laundering and counterfeit product transportation purpose.
• Enhanced reputation for your company by demonstrating a willingness to work with the CBSA in the fight against drugs and other contraband in Canada.
Organizations that demonstrate their commitment to a secure trade chain by joining PIP will be eligible to participate in the Free and Secure Trade Program (FAST). FAST will make cross-border commercial shipments simpler and subject to fewer delays, all while enhancing security.
Back to Top of Page
Copyright TN Security Group -2008